Welcome to GPC C.A.R.E. Program
GPC Compass Academic Review and Enrichment Program
(GPC C.A.R.E. Program)
Attend the GPC C.A.R.E. Program to get help with your Compass Test prep!GPC C.A.R.E. Program provides six weeks of intensive, focused instruction in math, reading and writing. The program will offer classes that will strengthen your skills in mathematics, reading and writing and provide additional tutorial to help you be successful on your next Compass Admissions Testing. The classes will be held on the Clarkston campus.
• Academic enrichment - You will attend classes in math, reading or writing to boost your academic skills.
• Tutoring - You will work one-on-one with tutors to get additional support.
• Weekly Success Seminars - You will learn about test-taking skills, time management and other topics to enhance your personal development.
• Academic and Career Counseling - You will receive guidance and mentoring for the next steps in achieving your goals.
BenefitsAttending the GPC C.A.R.E. Program will help you to:
• Identify your areas for improvement on the Compass Test.
• Receive instruction from college professors to improve your skills.
• Learn in a structured environment with your peers.
• Get free tutoring.
• Possibility of gaining admission to GPC.
• Acquire knowledge and skills needed for college success.
Program DesignYou must choose from one of two sessions offered:
June 3rd - July 11th, 2013 OR June 17th - July 25th, 2013
Classes will meet on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, from 9am - 3pm. Schedule includes instruction and tutorial sessions. Due to the nature of the program, participants are required to attend all scheduled classes and tutorial sessions.
CostThe total cost of the program is $800.00 per student. Register now for only $50.00 (includes the $20 Compass Test fee) and save $750.00 on program costs.
How to ApplyClick here for the GPC C.A.R.E. Program registration form. Application deadline for June 3rd - July 11th session is May 31st, 2013. Application for the June 17th - July 25th session is June 14th.
For further information about the GPC C.A.R.E. program, contact:
Marian Adomakoh, Associate Director, Advising, Counseling and Retention Services, Clarkston Campus, 678-891-3312 or Marian.Adomakoh@gpc.edu.
Naija Mottley, Coordinator of Academic Support, Advising, Counseling and Retention Services, Decatur Campus, 678-891-2532 or Naija.Mottley@gpc.edu.