Welcome to GPC C.A.R.E. Program
GPC Compass Academic Review and Enrichment Program
(GPC C.A.R.E. Program)
Attend the GPC C.A.R.E. Program to get help with your Compass Test prep!GPC C.A.R.E. Program provides eight weeks of intensive, focused instruction in mathematics, reading and writing. The program will offer classes that will strengthen your knowledge and skills in the subject areas and provide additional tutoring to help you to be successful on your next COMPASS Admissions Testing.
• Academic enrichment - You will attend classes in math, reading or writing to boost your academic skills.
• Tutoring - You will work one-on-one with tutors to get additional support.
• Weekly Success Seminars - You will learn about test-taking skills, time management and other topics to enhance your personal development.
• Academic and Career Counseling - You will receive guidance and mentoring for the next steps in achieving your goals.
BenefitsAttending the GPC C.A.R.E. Program will help you to:
• Identify your areas for improvement on the COMPASS Test.
• Receive instruction from college professors to improve your skills.
• Learn in a structured environment with your peers.
• Get free tutoring.
• Possibility of gaining admission to GPC.
• Acquire knowledge and skills needed for college success.
Program DesignGPC C.A.R.E. Program consists of Spring Math Academy, Spring Reading/Writing Academy, and Summer Institute.
Click on the specific program for detailed information and how to register.
Spring Math Academy: March 18th - May 8th, 2014 (Clarkston, Decatur, and Dunwoody Campuses)
Spring English and Reading Academy: March 31st - May 21st, 2014
Summer Institute: June 16th - July 25th, 2014
For further information about the GPC C.A.R.E. program, please contact your campus coordinator:
Clarkston Campus - Marian Adomakoh, Associate Director, Advising, Counseling and Retention Services, 678-891-3312 or Marian.Adomakoh@gpc.edu.
Decatur Campus Aleathia Muhammad, Associate Director, Advising, Counseling and Retention Services, 678-891-2356 or Aleathia.Muhammad@gpc.edu.
Dunwoody Campus Bates Canon, Associate Director, Advising, Counseling and Retention Services, 770-274-5114 or Alfred.Canon@gpc.edu