Welcome to GPC C.A.R.E. Program
GPC Compass Academic Review and Enrichment Program
(GPC C.A.R.E. Program)
Click the logo for Program Brochure
Attend the GPC C.A.R.E. Program to get help with your Compass Test prep!GPC C.A.R.E. Program provides seven weeks of intensive, focused instruction in mathematics, reading and writing. The program will offer classes that will strengthen your knowledge and skills in the subject areas and provide additional tutoring to help you to be successful on your next COMPASS Admissions Testing.
• Academic enrichment - You will attend classes in math, reading or writing to boost your academic skills.
• Tutoring - You will work one-on-one with tutors to get additional support.
• Weekly Success Seminars - You will learn about test-taking skills, time management and other topics to enhance your personal development.
• Academic and Career Counseling - You will receive guidance and mentoring for the next steps in achieving your goals.
BenefitsAttending the GPC C.A.R.E. Program will help you to:
• Identify your areas for improvement on the COMPASS Test.
• Receive instruction from college professors to improve your skills.
• Learn in a structured environment with your peers.
• Get free tutoring.
• Possibility of gaining admission to GPC.
• Acquire knowledge and skills needed for college success.
Program DesignGPC C.A.R.E. Program consists of Fall Math Academy, Spring Math Academy, and Summer Math Academy.
Click on the specific program for detailed information and how to register. Application deadline is September 30, 2014
Fall Math Academy: October 7 - November 20, 2014 (Clarkston). Classes meet Tuesday and Thursday, 6:00pm - 8:00pm
Spring Math Academy: TBD
Summer Math Academy: TBD
For further information about the GPC C.A.R.E. program, please contact your campus coordinator:
Clarkston Campus - Marian Adomakoh, Associate Director, Advising, Counseling and Retention Services, 678-891-3312 or Marian.Adomakoh@gpc.edu.
Decatur Campus Aleathia Muhammad, Associate Director, Advising, Counseling and Retention Services, 678-891-2356 or Aleathia.Muhammad@gpc.edu.
Dunwoody Campus Dr. W. Kohle Paul, Associate Director, Advising, Counseling and Retention Services, 770-274-5114 or Wayne.Paul@gpc.edu